Saturday, February 6, 2010
The drapery set in the middle was a bit of a challenge, because the other two drapes projected outward into the space where the middle one hangs. Had I made the middle one the same size and shape as the two on the sides, the corners where they meet would have fought each other, and thus NONE of the drapes would fit.
I ended up using my protractor, computer scanner, and some PowerPoint software to create a revised template for the middle piece. The top of the middle piece is not a long rectangle like the other two. Instead, it is a trapezoid. Figuring out all the angles was a bit of a challenge. Then, too, I had to make the pleats narrower than the ones on the sides. All told, it was a bit of a designing challenge. But everything has worked out for the best. Now I only have to install the baseboards in the room, and add a variety of homey touches to make it feel more like a real room, and the master bedroom will be done! Yeah!
Posted by George the Miniguy at 3:28 PM