Friday, May 1, 2009

Cabriole Leg Example in My Dollhouse

The bed stand at the left is one of my scratch- built pieces of furniture. It's solid cherry wood, and I used the same methodology for producing the cabriole legs as what I illustrated in my previous blog.

Once I cut out the wood, I used a rounded head on my Dremel motor tool to carve out the indented areas toward the top of each leg.

In reality, they're not terribly hard to make. The most "work" involved with them is finishing them off once you've cut them out of the block of wood, since that involves quite a bit of sanding time.

5 comments:

marlies said...

Well done, what a lot of work you on every piece of furniture. Its beautiful! Oooo and I like that wickered basked on the floor!
* marlies

Gee said...

Awesome work, George and a very good tutorial also!
Thanks!
I will have a try at these legs
have a great day,
Gee

Gee said...

Awesome work, George and a very good tutorial also!
Thanks!
I will have a try at these legs
have a great day,
Gee

Anonymous said...

I appreciate the amount of time and detail you put into each piece. What a gift you have. Thank you for sharing some of your expertise!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing some of your expertise. Your work is impressive and the detail magnificent. You have a great gift and you are leaving a legacy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails