Sunday, December 6, 2009

Let Your Imaginations Take Flight


Want to guess what this block of walnut wood is going to become? (Hint: It won't become just a pile of sawdust or ashes in my fireplace!)

Having enough of the "right" tools makes miniature-making a lot of fun. If I succeed in using some of my tools skillfully, this block of wood will evolve into something quite interesting.

I wish I could say I am so skillful that I won't have to use any more than this 4" by 9" piece of wood. I might have to go back and cut another 4" piece to finish the job. We'll see...

It will take several months for me to get this done, since I've been extremely busy lately. I'll post a few photos along the way and see if anyone can guess what it's going to become. If you've been following my blog over the past months, you may be able to guess at least what part of this wood will be transformed into.

4 comments:

Norma Bennett said...

George - you are such a tease! Let's see more!!

The Enchanted Mouse said...

Dear George,
My father is making the family home we grew up in as a dollhouse to scale and he is very excited about an article you wrote for a dollhouse magazine about how to make slate roofing. he talks about it alot, is there a way you could email me this article if you have it around. It would be greatly appreciated it.Thank you

George the Miniguy said...

Have your father post a comment to my blog with an email address,such as gmail, and I'll send him a copy of the article. Thanks.

Norma Bennett said...

Hey George, there's something screwy going on! I just clicked on the link to your slate roof article in my Reading List and I get a message that says this article doesn't exist at this site :( Tried it twice, got the same message, and interested to read it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails