Friday, August 14, 2009

Life Sometimes Gets in the Way!

Sometimes, life gets in the way of important things, like having fun, working on miniatures or writing on my blog. July-August has been tough at our household. My wife caught her foot as she was climbing out of the minivan, fell and smashed her humerus near the shoulder. Fortunately, it's not her dominant hand, because she's been in a restraint/sling device ever since. She reported to school for her first day back yesterday; so I've been helping her get her classroom ready.

Then at work, we began moving from year-long temporary facilities (due to the Cedar River flood last summer) back into our regular office building. Then my secretary resigned to take a different position in the agency. Nothing personal, just a career move for her. But then my boss told me we couldn't replace her due to funding concerns.

Okay. I know I was a bit stressed out, because at that point, my back went out. Big time. I could barely walk, and I was out of commission for a week. So, my plans for entering Sara's dollhouse in the Iowa State Fair went down the tubes. I was able to get the southwestern roombox entered in the fair, though. It didn't require any heavy lifting, and thus I was able to get it there.

I'll let you know soon how it fared. (If you'll pardon the pun!)


Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

De said...

Wow, George, it has been a rough time for you. I hope things start to look up soon. Oh, and also that your roombox does well at the fair! :-)

kibbygirl said...

Hello George, The room looks awsome. I love the door and beyond!

Texas Belle said...

Well, if bad things truly do come in threes, I guess now you're safe for a while! The roombox looks great; love the tiles, the beams and the fireplace - well, everything really. Hope things get back to normal soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails