Friday, March 6, 2009

Sharing Memories


When my younger daughter was in high school, she came up with the idea of recreating her grandfather's fruithouse in miniature. She found a wooden apple crate and asked me to work with her to turn it into grampa's office.

She did all the fruits and vegetables. She also painted the walls, which was a dry-brush effect we developed to simulate the compressed wood walls that covered the fruithouse walls.

I helped with the overall construction, built the hand cart and banana room cooler door. I "aged" the cart using the mixture of India ink and rubbing alcohol. I dabbed this mixture away in places that would have had high levels of rubbing. Where the dirt and grime would have settled, I let the mixture puddle a little extra.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails